[mythtv] segfault on playback of livetv or recordings

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Sun Jan 4 15:18:10 EST 2004

I upgraded to the newest CVS yesterday... now when I play back any files or
attempt to watch LiveTV, myth Seg faults after giving a "Your soundcard is
not reporting free space correctly. Falling back to old method.
Segmentation fault" error.

Recording is working.  I am using two PVR 250's, they've been recording
things all day.  I just downloaded a newly recorded file to my Windows
machine to check, and it plays fine with full sound.

I'm using Alsa, but myth is using the OSS emulation.

/dev/dsp is still set as the sound output.  This is also what mythmusic and
mythvideo are using, and they both still work and play back files.  I tried
switching it to /dev/sound/dsp and /dev/adsp but that didn't seem to make
any difference.

I just recompiled lame 3.93.1 as well, but that didn't make any diff.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Dane