[mythtv] [contrib] myth_categorize

Ed Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Jan 4 14:24:37 EST 2004

Martin Moeller wrote:

>Hi everyone.
>
>I am now pleased enough with my category script to subject it to
>scrutiny (meaning you). It should work on pretty much anything, but
>local adaption for a couple of things are likely necessary if you're not
>using channel data my tv_grab_dk grabber for program listings (included
>for those interested).
>
>Comments would be most welcome. I hope to have this accepted into
>'contrib' in the near future...

Have you thought about adding this to mythfilldatabase so that it gets
done at insert time?  It isn't too hard to to convert your code to c++.

Another interesting idea would be to look at the standardised categories
in mythweb and consider doing a similar regexp type adjustment to all
categories to get them standardised.