[mythtv] High CPU usage with CVS version

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jan 3 16:48:40 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Chris Morgan wrote:

> Yes, good catch.  I'm looking at this now.  Probably due to the slightly
> different way in which we handle events in the recording window now we are
> doing just what you suggest, leaving the preview playing.  The fix should be
> quite simple though, looking at it now and I'll send a patch in a few.

Just double checked it by turning off the live preview and the CPU usage
went back down so it's definately leaving the preview running.  (AFAIK the
preview doesn't use the XV extention to play it so uses up lots of CPU
time compaired to the full screen video).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/