[mythtv] Future Development

Ed Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Thu Jan 1 16:45:06 EST 2004

>Ditto.   Now I just need to sit still long enough to code the Groups idea.
>Everytime I get a chance to sit down and watch something I think about
>how nice it would be if I didn't have to scroll through my wife's "Clean
>Sweep" and "Trading Spaces" just to get to my stuff. :)

On a slightly related note, have you seen the comments about searching
by genre a few posts ahead of this one?

It might be quite nice to be able to cruise the recorded shows by
"genre" as well as title, you may find that this is sufficient to
quickly get to the "Sports" shows and gloss over the "Soaps".

FWIW: Mythweb does a nice job of defining a standard set of
genres/categories and then uses regexps to map the junk you get from
xmltv into the standard categories.  I suspect adding this logic to the
main Mythtv codebase would allow some of this stuff to be standardised a
bit more easily.

Just an idea