[mythtv] backtrack

Chad J McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Wed Feb 25 19:07:20 EST 2004

On Feb 25, 2004, at 4:21 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 03:46 pm, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Chad J McQuinn wrote:
>>> Using CVS as of this past Saturday, mythbackend segfaults
>>> periodically
>>> on my master backend. It seems that it is happy to sit idle for a few
>>> hours, but when a scheduled recording kicks in it will (sometimes)
>>> segfault. Sometimes it is not until the recording has been going for
>>> while, and sometimes it is right away.
>>
>> Any word on a fix for this problem in the pipeline?  It's starting to
>> get
>> quite annoying (I may have to attempt a downgrade back to 0.14) :(
>
> As the original poster of the backtrace has neglected both times to
> include
> necessary information (such as where it died), I've just ignored it.

I'd be happy to give you more information, but I think I've said
everything I know. It seems to happen when the machine has been idle
and then a scheduled recording kicks in--sometimes right away,
sometimes after recording for a bit. There is nothing unusual in the
backend log; just the usual messages about scheduling and recording.

Like I said, if you think there's something else I can tell you, I
would be happy to oblige.

-Chad