[mythtv] patch, show mouse cursor

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Tue Feb 24 23:13:34 EST 2004

>>> This is a small patch that adds a "Hide Mouse Cursor" option to the
>>> second screen in the appearance configuration in the frontend's config
>>> menu. It defaults to hiding the mouse cursor as it Myth does now. But,
>>> if you deselect the checkbox, you will see the mouse cursor on all
>>> screens. This is useful if you run Myth on your main computer screen
>>> and need to be able to find the mouse cursor.
>>
>> Hmm..  Would you instead mind making this get rid of the individual
>> setCursor calls, and just not call the setOverrideCursor for the main
>> window?  I think that'd work better..
>
> Or even do something like Xine where they hide the mouse after X
> seconds.  Then bring it back when it's moved...

I very dislike this approach... BTW, is there any way to disable it in
Xine? Because every time I start DVD playback, I see this big ugly
cursor pointer for several seconds... And I don't have any mouse
connected to my Myth box.

Thanks,
denix.