[mythtv] screensaver patch

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 24 21:07:48 EST 2004

From: Xavier Hervy <maxpower44 at tiscali.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:03:17 +0100
> Cliff Draper wrote:
> > I'm attaching the patch for automatic disabling of screensavers
> > (standard X blanking, DPMS, and xscreensaver).  It adds the following
> > functions to util.cpp:
> >   void ScreenSaverOff();
> >   void ScreenSaverRestore();
> >   void ResetScreenSaver();
> >
> > which are called at the right locations when the video player makes a
> > state transition, when pause is engaged or disengaged, and when
> > myth_system is called.
> >
> > Since xscreensaver requires a constant deactivate message, I decided
> > to write that using a small perl script, rather than add another
> > thread to mythfrontend.
> This patch seems to be interessant.
> Any chance to have this without a perl script ?
> I supposed it's why it was never applied ?

I used the perl script approach to avoid adding another thread that
just sat there waiting for X amount of time, and then exec'ed
`xscreensaver-command -deactivate`, repeat again.  But perhaps it's
worth it, if it means that the patch will be accepted.

regards,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"Ignorance is the Mother of Devotion."    - Robert Burton