[mythtv] [patch] WS stretch mode

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Tue Feb 24 15:10:23 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Kulagowski
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 10:57 AM
To: Development of mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv] [patch] WS stretch mode

>>Here's a patch that adds one more zoom mode. This is for when stations add
>>black bars to the sides of a 4:3 show to make it a 16:9 format. The new
>>16:9 stretch mode just cuts off those bars.
> I've just applied this to CVS, thanks.

Hi.  For developers that add a new feature like this, please either
include a patch to the keys.txt file, or at least send in a suggestion
as to what it should be called so that we can keep everything updated.

Sorry about that, didn't even realize it described the modes in keys.txt. It
was actually missing on already anyway.
My suggestion:
- W to cycle through 4:3 aspect ratio, 16:9, 4:3 Zoom (like Pan and Scan),
16:9 Zoom, and 16:9 Stretch(eliminates black sidebars in TV signal)

I'd love to see someone who understands the other modes better give a better
explanation(Christian?), as I don't understand exactly what the behavior
would be on a 4:3 display.

-Jason