[mythtv] chunky viaslice

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Feb 23 14:48:06 EST 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 13:58, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Recently I asked on myth-users whether anyone else was seeing chunky
> video output using videoout_viaslice:-
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/viaslice_qual
>ity_P110009/ and it seems that I'm not totally alone in this.

Quick update.... I've just managed to play the DVB stream through andreas'
directfb cle266-mpeg driver, and the image is faultless.

Doesn't help that much! i.e. the problem is somewhere in the myth viaslice
code, the libddmpeg library or the kernel module! But the hardware will do
it properly, just need to track down whats going wrong where.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge