[mythtv] [patch] WS stretch mode

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Mon Feb 23 14:33:47 EST 2004

Sorry, didn't check over the weekend. Jarod's correct as far as the
description of the problem. So for me, here's what happens. I have an HD
recording which has the black bars recorded into the signal and only on the
sides. 4:3 mode adds sidebars to my 16:9 res screen, so the side bars are
doubled in size and I have a very narrow picture. When I switch to 16:9 it
plays the movie full frame, filling the screen, which leaves the black
sidebars(this is technically the correct mode.) When I switch to 4:3 zoom,
the height of the screen grows and the top and bottom is clipped. 16:9 zoom
grows the height and width of the screen, so the side bars are clipped, but
so is the top and bottom. (this is the most watchable, but still somewhat
annoying. The 16:9 Stretch increases the width so that the sidebars are
clipped and the height isn't changed.

This is mostly to overcome a shortcoming of the broadcasters, not of Myth.
And although it's somewhat messy, I don't see it being any messier than the
other zoom methods in place.

Let me know though if you think there's a better way it should be done.

-Jason