[mythtv] Patch: Event log in database

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Sun Feb 22 13:43:51 EST 2004

Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like your idea to log into the database, but I have 2 comments...
>
> Matt White wrote:
>

>> enum LogPriorities {
>>     LP_DEBUG     = 1,
>>     LP_INFO      = 2,
>>     LP_NOTICE    = 3,
>>     LP_WARNING   = 4,
>>     LP_ERROR     = 5,
>>     LP_CRITICAL  = 6,
>>     LP_EMERG     = 7
>> };
>

> Would it be possible to keep consistent numbering with the standard Unix
> syslog level schema from <sys/syslog.h>?

Definitely.  I'm not entirely sure why I swapped them (it's been a while
since I started working on this).  I based the names on the syslog
names.

>> The patch is against CVS as of Feb. 21, 20:08 CST.  I've attached
>> the perl script (mythmaillog.pl) as a separate file, since cvs diff
>> won't include new files.
>

> cvs diff will include new files, if used with -N option: cvs -H diff

Great - I'll use that.  I thought that I had to cvs add the file first,
but of course I can't do that because I don't have write access.

I'll send a new patch shortly.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"