[mythtv] safe_mythbackend

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Sun Feb 22 04:40:18 EST 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 02:10, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I know that this has been discussed before, and that people simply
> suggested a while-true loop, but I'm wondering if anyone has done
> anything more specific for their own setup.  If not, I may start doing
> some serious poking around with safe_mysqld and adapt it for use with
> mythbackend.

Have you considered using DJB's daemon tools?  I know that DJB tools can be a
pain to get installed if you're not running a source distribution, but if
your distro does have them packaged, they can do this job quite well.  I've
been using them with mythtv since the original MMX 3dnoise that made
mythbacked segfault regularly.  All you'll need to do is create a file
in /service/mythbackend (or whatever your distro sets up as the service
directory), marked executable, with contents like this:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/mythbackend -l /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--
Andrew Mahone
andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc