[mythtv] Code overview available?

Jerry Rubinow jerryr at universal-imaging.com
Fri Feb 20 17:03:12 EST 2004

I'm just starting down the road to setting up a MythTV system and I
wanted to start getting up to speed on understanding the general MythTV
architecture/structure/processes.  Before anyone starts yelling RTFC,
I've already started to do so, but it would help immensely in looking at
the various headers and source files to know how they interrelate.  I
haven't been able to find anything that talks about the big picture of
what processes there are running in a Myth system, what they do, which
pieces of which databases they make use of, and which data structures
they use for what.

Of course given time I'll eventually figure things out, but a general
overview would make things go much quicker.  I'd be happy to collect
whatever useful things people tell me into a single readable document
that could go as a README file in the source tree.

-Jerry