[mythtv] Re: MythLCD Channel Info

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Feb 18 07:36:46 EST 2004

It's both actually, so you can use characters and fonts but you can also
position them on whatever pixel you want. It also draws lines and boxes
and whatever custom graphic you want.

You are of course welcome to take a look at the driver, but I think I'll
be able to manage (driving a display is quite simple anyway), the
problem Dan tried to solve was more related to the fact why MythTV
doesn't support the version 0.5 of lcdproc.
And the reason I used 0.5 instead of the 0.4.4 that MythTV supports has
to do with the fact that I had no idea how the GNU Build System worked
and could not get a new driver to compile. After diving into a couple of
HOWTOs I am now able to get 0.4.4 to compile a new driver so now what is
left now is to "downgrade" the 0.5 driver that I had written to version
0.4.4.

Cheers,
-Tako