[mythtv] hdtv reorg, crc checking + new gui patch

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Feb 17 08:19:17 EST 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> I haven't had time to generate a proper set of patches with my latest
> changes, but I put up a big unified cvs diff here:
>   http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/cvsdiff.patch3

[snip]

> This patch should not be applied to CVS, though I'd love it if the
> use-mouse and hdtv-videodev patches were applied...

I'd support this, as well as your hdtvrecorder reorg / CRC checking and
signal-strength backoff patches (though I'd suggest a threshold of 60
rather than 70 -- one of the stations I get just fine often comes in at
~68 or so).  I've been running this code for about a week and it's a
definite improvement on weak stations.

The use-mouse patch: my only suggestion is to always turn off the mouse
cursor when video is being shown, but maybe that's just me :-)

I suggest submitting those patches each in their own separate mail
message, with a nice descriptive subject in case Isaac is not following
this thread.  You'd either have to include your three interrelated hdtv
patches in one message, or wait for the videodev patch to be applied to
submit the other two.

> Note: I broke the XvMC deinterlacing this time around, I don't know
> exactly what went wrong, but I lost some changes in the C++ style
> cleanup :/

I'm also still (slowly) working on better deinterlacing framework
(specifically, support for deinterlacers that double the framerate) and
I'll definitely tie in with the xvmc work at that time.  At a first look
I didn't spot any real code changes there either :-( -- have you tried
rebooting?  Maybe it's a hardware/driver issue.

> But the frame skipping really makes up for it, I have no
> performance problems with OSD anymore.

Look forward to trying it out.

-Doug