[mythtv] Different compile (was: rpm or apt version with dvb already compiled??)

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Feb 16 07:42:37 EST 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 11:59, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Taking this to the development list and top posting as it gets a bit
> more general and is not really answering the question.
>
> I try to enable as much components as possible w/o hurting other
> setups. E.g. native alsa and native lirc seem to be OK, directfb
> support is causing problems. I don't know if enabling dvb support will
> have any impact on non-DVB users. Same for the nvidia libs.
>
> If the extra compiled in components are detected and used/deactivated
> at runtime, this is no problem. So my question is, which current
> components of mythtv are safe to be built in, and which not. And also
> if the ones that are not safe could be made safe. :)

DVB support compiled in should not conflict with other stuff, so it should be
safe to add it. The problem with adding either the XvMC or Epia accellerated
methods is that they add extra library dependencies, but they could be
disabled by default (by modifying avformatdecoder.cpp and globalsetting.cpp
lines with UseXVMC and UseViaSlice). If we were to split out these output
methods into libs/drivers, that are packaged separatly, the whole problem
would go away. I did this to my tree a while back (still have it around here
somewhere), but I dunno if this is enough of a reason to do it?

--

Kenneth
ke-aa at frisurf.no