[mythtv] Some bugs???

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Feb 16 05:04:33 EST 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 05:46 pm, Richard Naninck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are my findings of the latest mythtv cvs. Maybe some are not bugs,
> maybe some are. I cannot apply patches for these findings, but hopefully
> some of you can.
>
> - In the TV / Status window I always see: Started 2003-12-30 04:30. Isn't
> this supposed to change to the last time mythfildatabase ran? Like everyday
> in my case.
> - On the same screen but one line below that I always see: FAILED: XMLTV
> returned error code 65280. What does that mean. I didn't find any hit on
> this error code and I always get 8 days of data in my EPG. I run
> tv_grab_nl --slow --output tmp.xml and then run
> mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 tmp.xml. Is there something wrong
> with that?

Since you're not allowing mythfilldatabase to run the xmltv grabber, it
doesn't store this data in the database.

> - In the Weather plugin on the 3rd screen, first line it seems that the
> text does not wrap to the next line if a picture of a cloud or something is
> displayed. In my case the last word of this top line overwrites the same
> line in stead od continuing on the next line. Without a picture there is
> room for the whole textline and therefore it will not show the error.

Which third screen?  There's two, depending on what time of day it's being
viewed on.

> - In the Music plugin, my FF and Rew buttons have never worked. Is this
> just me, or is that commonly known and just not fixable?

Works fine here.

> - Is the Instant Recording ever coming back? I know it was taken out some
> months ago because no one seemed to be able to fix the bug in it. Or did
> the new instant recording method (the one where pressing record during live
> tv) take its place?

Unless someone bothers to fix it, no, it won't be coming back.

> - I read in the commits list that the phoneentry patch was applied by
> Isaac. Maybe I misread that or it is not fully integrated yet, but I didn't
> find it in the cvs of 1 hour ago.

You misread it.  The commit message said 'Start adding ...'  I haven't had
time to rework the stuff I didn't like in the patch yet.

Isaac