[mythtv] [Patch]Fix hang after ff/rew

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Feb 14 15:54:36 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> To me, enter/space is the "play" button. On my remote I have
> enter (or is it space) for the "OK" button in the middle of
> the arrows and the other for the "Play" button on the remote. If
> not enter/space, what do you have mapped for your "Play" button?

I have "Select" mapped to space and "Enter" mapped to enter.

I have Play mapped to "P" because that's the closest thing to "Play" we
have.  I agree that having Play mapped to pause/toggle as well as Pause
mapped to pausetoggle is redundant, but then again so is any other
possible mapping for it and since Play is a playback control it made
more sense to map it there.  The problem with using select as the
defacto play button is that is only acts as a play button in one case,
when you're doing FF/REW.  Any other time it sets a bookmark, which
REALLY doesn't make sense for a play button to do.