[mythtv] A couple of scheduler weirdisms

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Feb 14 00:36:32 EST 2004

I just ran into a couple of issues I thought I'd bring up.

1) Because I forgot to hook up a cable a show I had scheduled to record
was actually recording the wrong channel.  I stopped the recording, then
reconnected my serial cable, changed the channel and tried to start the
recording again.  I wasn't allowed to manually record the show since I
had canceled it once.  It seems to me that if I say "Record this" the
system should record the show regardless of whether or not I had
canceled it before.

2) After trying failing to be allowed to record the show I went into the
fix schedules section to see if I could enable a future showing.  To my
surprise the scheduler had removed all future showings.  It's almost as
if my canceling the recording in progress caused the scheduler to assume
that I never wanted to record that show again.

Sorry this isn't more detailed it's late and I'm tired.  I'll try to run
some tests tomorrow to get the exact steps needed to repro #2.