[mythtv] Re:Proposed scheduler patch

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Feb 13 18:49:12 EST 2004

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:48:47AM -0600, David Engel wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:34:54AM -0500, Graham W. Mitchell wrote:
>>
>>>This would all be good for MythTV too.... It would be really nice to be
>>>able to run the scheduler process automatically after a filldatabase
>>
>>It already does this.
>

> It only started doing it recently, though.  Funny, because I really thought
> it had done it forever.

It didn't but it used to seem like it did. What changed was
that the scheduler used to run whenever you went to the conflicts
page or you ran --printsched in order to get a list. Whenever
you looked during or after mythfilldatabase it would be updated.
Chris worked out a much more efficient method of asking the
scheduler thread for a list so that the scheduler doesn't need
to be rerun every time something needs to check the schedule.
The explicit RecordChanged for mythfilldatabase was added recently.

--  bjm