[mythtv] OSD issue?

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Fri Feb 13 05:56:45 EST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:30:11 -0500, "Andrew Mahone"
<andrewmahone at eml.cc> said:
> Ah, ok, I'll try the static reciprocal LUT idea first, then.  Don't
> expect anything stunning - closer to a 20-30% gain than the 300% that
> filters with all-MMX math can approach.

I spent a few hours testing various ways of calculating this in Python.
The best I can get it to work is within +/- 1 of the values in pow_lut.
All but about 200 of the possible pairs of input values produce exactly
the same result.  I can maybe get it a little better, but I don't think
perfect is possible, short of doing the division in SSE.  Think this is
worth further pursuit, or should I get back to something else? :)
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc

--