[mythtv] Re:Proposed scheduler patch

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Feb 13 03:05:55 EST 2004

> Van: Graham W. Mitchell <gmitch at woodlea.com>

> The thing that annoys the heck out of me about the TiVo scheduling
> code, is that it's pretty intelligent, but it never seems to go the
> last mile on the conflict resolution...... It tells me that it won't
> record program B because it conflicts with program A.... However, it
> knows that program B is going to be repeated 4 hours later, and that
> there's no conflict there, but it doesn't give me the option of using
> it, without having to manually go thru and select that timeslot.

I guess that might be an intentional 'feature' to make TiVo's behave the
same everywhere. Look, your TiVo needs to know _for sure_ by the data that
it gets that the next showing is exactly the same show.

I can imagine that this data isn't always available (or as exact) and that
they left such a thing out to not make users angry. ("Hey, on this channel
it does this, and there it doesn't, I want it repaired." -or- "WTF? It
recorded the wrong show?")

Just my 2 eurocents.

	Henk Poley <><