[mythtv] problem with delete button "Yes, but record..." missing

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Thu Feb 12 10:16:07 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:46:50AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> writes:
> > That would be correct. It would record one showing of "CSI"
> > even if it wasn't "Early Rollout". This type is most useful for
> > a movie, special, or event rather than an episodic series.
>
> This seems counter-intuitive from a user's PoV.  If I set a program to
> record and set it to "record once", I expect it to record that
> particular instance of the program, regardless of whether there is an
> earlier or later instance.

If you've got a better name for the intended use, please suggest it.
I know Bruce struggled to find an accurate, but short, name for it.

> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the conversation here?  Are there
> now TWO questions: "what to record" and "how to record it"?

No.  Think of kFindOneRecord as a one-shot kAllRecord.

> Another reason I've user "record once" in the past is to re-record an
> episode that I would like to specifically re-watch, or to manually
> select when I want something to record.

That's not the intended use for kFindOneRecord.  For your case, if you
still have a recurring record set, use overrides.  If not, use
kSingleRecord.

David
--
David Engel