[mythtv] Proposed scheduler patch

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Tue Feb 10 22:45:20 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:20:25AM +0000, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> There are situations that priorities can't easilly handle.  Say for
> example I have some shows with priorities:
>
> 1 - A
> 2 - B
> 3 - C
>
> Then I want to record show D...  I want it to override B but not A.  With
> a purely priority based system that's just not possible.

Which do you consider higher priority, A or C?

If A, just make sure to leave enough "recpriority" space between A and
B and insert D in there.

If C, you're effectively saying you like D more than B, B more than A
and A more than D, right?  Is that really going to happen that often?
IMHO, not often enough to justify the added complexity and confusion
it causes.

> Also, if I
> schedule a show and it conflicts with something I haven't already told it
> about I want it to be hilighted so I can make a decision instead of the
> scheduler making assumptions.

Programs that can't be recorded because of conflicts will be
highlighted.  This won't be done, however, if an rsOtherShowing can be
recorded.

David
--
David Engel