[mythtv] Media monitoring question

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 8 11:22:15 EST 2004

MaxPower wrote:

> Hi,
> 1 Anybody can explain why the MEDIATYPE_MIXED exist ? for me a media
> is mixed if it is MEDIATYPE_AUDIO + MEDIATYPE_VIDEO ...

Mixed is a standard CDROM format.  Audio + Data.  i.e. music CDs with
extra content.

> 2 I have an usb storage but i believe that only cdrom/dvdrom was
> implement in mediamonitor. mediamonitor detect cdrom/dvdrom by the
> "udf" "iso9660" string. What the best way to detect usb storage. I
> think about searching "noauto" string in fstab. Looks it correct ?

I had planned to look into that at some point.  The biggest reason I
didn't was that there are no handlers for data disks so there wasn't any
real point.  At some point I'd like to implement some sort of import
function for MythVideo/Music/Gallery/Game to copy files off of data disks.

You could probably trigger off of the SCSI emulation device (i.e.
/dev/sdaX is a USB/Firewire device)

> 3 I found a "bug", if I insert a cd which isn't an audio cd or dvd
> video, the device is mounted but never umount then I can eject the cd
> /dvd.

That's a feature not a bug.  I intentionally unlock the drive door (and
jump through hoops to do so).  Personally I don't want to have to use
software to eject a DVD after I'm done playing it.  IF you don't like
this behavior look at the "allow eject" parameter.

> 4 What about replace MEDIATYPE_VIDEO by MEDIATYPE_DVD ? because
> MEDIATYPE_VIDEO can be use for mythvideo file ...

Because you also have to consider VideoCDs which are also
MEDIATYPE_VIDEO disks.  How could MEDIATYPE_VIDEO be used by MythVideo
anyway?  The MEDIATYPE_* constants refer to the physical media nothing
else.  MythVideo deals with files...