[mythtv] DirectFB/QTE on /dev/fb1 with ivtv / PVR-350

Martin Rehfeld klickmich at gmx.de
Sat Feb 7 10:11:09 EST 2004

O.k.! Thanx for clarifying that.

I just tested mythfrontend with the newly compiled QTE (no-rtti removed
from mkspecs/qws) and it works. I tried building without drirectfb
alltogether but that lead to dependency problems so I left it in.

Three problems remain:

- The font used to display the GUI is not the same as with QT/X (looks
more like Times) and there are problems displaying some "Umlauts".

- As was mentioned in another post before, some screens do not draw
correctly (for example the main menu shines through in mythgallery).
Wayne: Is this rather a problem of QT/E or has MythTv to do some things
in a "cleaner" way to work with both QT flovours?

- And a minor one: How do I get rid of that useless mouse cursor which
is sitting right in the middle of my TV screen ;-)

If anyone has already solved these I would be pleased to get some
tips...

Martin