[mythtv] Total time for videos in "Internal" player

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Feb 6 10:46:33 EST 2004

Hi,

how does the internal player calculate the total time of videos? Mythtv
takes it from the recordedmarkup table IIRC. For videos it doesn't have
this information.

On my main mythbox I noticed a while back (using mythtv %s as player
command), that the total time for a 45min show was shown as some 381
hours. I took this as normal, since the information from the database is
missing. The "Internal" player command shows the same behaviour which is
not surprising since it seems to be a hook to mythtv.

But, after upgrading from WLAN to 100T I installed a frontend on my
workstation. And this frontend shows a different total time. While at
the beginning the time will be of (2,5 hours for a 45 minute show) but
after some minutes it settles at the correct total.

So there is someway the Internal player gets the total time from the
file, like other players (mplayer, xine) do, it simple takes longer with
"Internal"; but my mythbox can't do it. I guess it's a difference
between the way the player handles this for software decoding
(workstation, correct time) and the pvr350's decoder (mythbox, wrong
time).

Any ideas were to look for this? It's not top priority since I don't
care, I know how long my films are, but it would be nice to have,
especially when there's windows folk visiting :-)

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough