[mythtv] [patch] Channel visible indicator

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Feb 6 02:04:22 EST 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> This patch adds a field to the channel record in the DB for "visible" and
> modifies the channel selection in the EPG to only show visible channels.
> This is the beginnings to support an easy way to configure which channels
> show up in the EPG without having to modify the XMLTV files or mess with
> deleting rows from the DB.  By hiding the channel, the data is still filled
> so if later a change is made where you wish to start using that channel
> again, it is an instantaneous toggle.  This is very similar to how the
> ReplayTV handles unwanted channels and it seems to work very well for me on
> that platform.

Sorry but this feature has been there forever =).

grep -i favorite keys.txt
- / to jump to the next "favorite" channel
- ? to mark/unmark the current channel as a "favorite"
- /             browse program on next favorite channel.
- Pressing '/' will mark/unmark the current channel as a "favorite"

Favorites can be marked on the fly so you can even add or
remove a 'visible' channel while in the EPG and can switch to
seeing all channels with a single key. You can change channels
to the next favorite and use favorites in browse mode also.

--  bjm