[mythtv] DVB code query

mian mythtv at mian.net.au
Tue Feb 3 23:19:47 EST 2004

Hi,

I was just wondering if the channel class always needs to keep the DVB
card in an open state for a particular reason? because I use both
composite and DVB functions of my card, and both functions are considered
separate (ie; one NuppervideoRecorder-V4L, one DVB-T) they cannot be used
at the same time.  When the DVB channel is kept open by mythbackend even
when not in use, and you try view composite it's just constant VIDIOSYNC
errors, the DVB scan util doesn't work either.  I've modified it so that
the DVBChannel class autocloses like NuppelVideoRecorder, and only opens
it when it's needed by DVBRecorder and it seems to work, when using the
toggle recorders patch from DVB-T back to composite, DVBRecorder closes
the channel, and then it gets around 5-6 VIDIOSYNC errors which trigger
the bttv driver to reset and then composite comes back up, so it isn't
perfect taking approximately 2-3 seconds between source changes but then
channel changes are fine, and requires it erroring to trigger the bttv
reset so pretty much works.  DVBRecorder also needed to call Tune again to
trigger the card getting data on start.

Still testing it though so thought I'd ask if this may break something
else for me that I've missed.

Thanks

--
mian