[mythtv] Scheduler bug

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 3 16:42:46 EST 2004

Since switching to the radiotimes grabber, which gives me 14 days of
listings instead of the 4 days I used to get, I've noticed what seems to
be a bug in the scheduler:

On channels that show a programme and then repeat the same episode later
in the week, the scheduler has the ability to choose to record the
repeated one instead of the earliest showing if there is a conflict on the
first showing.  That's fine and all makes sense, but if all the
conflicting shows are repeated later at different times, it postpones them
all to be recorded at a later showing where they won't conflict.  This
leaves the original slot completely empty - shouldn't one of the shows get
recorded in the earlier slot (I would expect the highest priority show to
be recorded in the the earlier slot, or if there are more than 1 with the
same priority, one should be selected arbitrarilly).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/