[mythtv-users] [mythtv] 3rd time asking - please help: Automatic conflict resolution

Joel Feenstra joelf at altelco.net
Sun Feb 1 11:54:45 EST 2004

Currently it works in two different ways. One is that there a priorities
that you can setup which will automatically select a program of higher
rank over a lower ranked program. The rankings can be set in TV-Schedule
Recordings-Recording Priorities. Left and right will increase and
decrease the rank of a program. This can be turned off in Setup-TV
Settings-Recording Priorities-General. Uncheck the box that says "Use
recording priorities". You can also (and this is what I do). Is have the
priorities turned on, but uncheck "Recording priorities first". That
makes the normal method of override to work. So you can find a program
that you want and hit "Spacebar" and select it to record instead
(actually, if you don't completely turn of recording priorities, then
you have to disable the program that is actually going to record instead).

As far as the highlighted conflicts, they don't seem to be available
anymore. The scheduler seems to always pick a show, rather than not
record anything. I don't know what it bases this pick on. That is
probably likely to change because I think there is going to be a new
scheduler in the near future.

Hope that helped.

Joel Feenstra