[mythtv] Can't open file: 'program.MYI'. (errno: 145)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Dec 26 20:23:26 UTC 2004

Andreas Witte wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> after a long time i updated mythtv to the cvs-version from a couple of
> seconds ago. I get following error, when i try to start mythbackend:
>
> 2004-12-26 20:34:04.938 Upgrading to schema version 1059
> DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
> Query was:
> UPDATE program SET category_type='series' WHERE showtype LIKE '%series%';
> Driver error was [2/1016]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Can't open file: 'program.MYI'. (errno: 145)
>
> Any idea how to fix this?

mysqlcheck -r -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

This is an error in the mysql internal files and not related to
the application accessing the DB so if this doesn't fix it, see
http://dev.mysql.com/ .

> Is there any way to repair database without
> losing all that channel-information i typed in per hand?

Make a backup so you can at least restore the "INSERT INTO channel"
lines in case you have to start over.

mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup.sql

--  bjm