[mythtv] OT: Patches and PGP signatures

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Dec 23 13:13:29 UTC 2004

Whenever I attach a patch and send it to the list, my message has a PGP
signature verification failure.  I think this is because my mailer
(Mozilla Thunderbird w/ Enigmail) is signing the entire MIME message
(including the patch), and the list processing software adds its own
footer as a MIME attachment, mistakenly including that footer under the
signed portion.

So... questions...
1. Does my signature fail to verify on such messages for other people?
(I sent one 5 minutes ago).
2. Do any of you send signed patches to the list and *not* hit this
difficulty?
3. Is this an Enigmail bug, Mailman bug, or something I could do
differently?

I'd like myself and others to be able to verify that my patches made it
through the list intact as I sent them.

Thanks for any insight.

-Doug