[mythtv] Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Fri Dec 17 16:02:20 UTC 2004

    Tj> Marcus Metzler wrote:
    >> streams to 0xe0 and the MPEG audio streams to 0xc0 you should
    >> do it in transfom.c (in send_ipack after the if (p->cid ==
    >> PRIVATE_STREAM1) block) with a check if it is case
    >> VIDEO_STREAM_S ... VIDEO_STREAM_E: case AUDIO_STREAM_S
    >> ... AUDIO_STREAM_E:
    >>

    Tj> Is it a requirement to set all audio streams to 0xc0? Doing
    Tj> that will break AC3.

That was what I was talking about. Setting all audio to 0xc0 will
break AC3. You have to distinguish between private stream audio data
like AC3, DTS and PCM and MPEG audio data.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|