[mythtv] Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Juha Kuikka juha.kuikka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:41:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:31:50 +0100, Marcus Metzler <mocm at mocm.de> wrote:
> Why is CorrectStreamNumber needed? If you really want to set all video

I dunno, it's propably there to make sure corresponding video and
audio pids match the stream's index or something. But currently it
does not really do anything worthwhile because we can only record one
video and audio stream. I think.

> I will see that I rewrite the necessary transform.c routines into an
> ipack c++ class, better adapted to mythtvs needs.

I already have one, see PESParser at
http://columbia.ton.tut.fi/~riffraff/dvb/ . It's a dummy ts->pes
demuxer, does not much care about the content, just assembles packets.
Has rudimental stream content dumping ability in dumpStreamInfo().

If we switch over to recording TS we could maybe use that to do the
needed about of demuxing, use ffmpeg or use your new class.

- Juha

--
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change.