[mythtv] [patch] mmx_gcc.cpp

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 16 18:30:26 UTC 2004

This is a rewrite of the TDStretchMMX and FIRFilterMMX implementations
in libmythsoundtouch. As per Issac's suggestion it uses intrinsics
instead of volatile asm blocks. This allows the compiler more headroom
for spilling registers, which means we no longer need special compile
flags for libmythsoundtouch. Plus, I found a couple little optimizations.

BTW Who ever is responsible for the time stretch feature, I really like
it. Both the speedup, for old ST:TNG's, and the slowdown, for foreign
language news.

-- Daniel