[mythtv] improvement to MythMusic RIP location

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Mon Dec 13 22:10:27 UTC 2004

Tako Schotanus wrote:
> I agree that both should use a similar system. Which one I leave to
> others to decide, but both of them definitely need multiple levels :-)
I'm not so sure...

> If there's currently one screen I really never use it's Find Programs
> because selecting one letter still leaves me with a zillion entries.
>

> I'm still thinking that we should have a alpha-num on-screen keyboard
Your idea has merit, but I'd like to throw out another option, if it's
technically feasable. Predictive text style entry. Quite a few remotes
have letter labels on each of the number keys - And we already have an
exhaustive database of almost everything the user can type. Just in case
anyone needs an example:

To find a program called 'New Yankee' (With a remote mapped 2abc 3def
4ghi 5jkl 6mno 7pqrs 8tuv 9wxyz 0space) the input would be
639092633, possibly refining the search as the input is being typed...

Just an idea. I don't have the time or ability to look at it now, but
this is one of those things that has me going to MythWeb all the time.

Cheers,

Allan.