[mythtv] CVS and backend problem

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Mon Dec 13 19:04:11 UTC 2004

I haven't changed mysql for a while. The backend worked fine in the
past with the same mysql. I wouldn't call what you're doing a
workaround, it's a not very graceful recovery. It's nice to know other
people have this problem but we should try to find and fix it. It's a
pretty serious bug.

On Dec 13, 2004, at 11:35 AM, <octothorp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same issue, but work around this by swatching mythbackend's
> logfile for anouncements of recordings starting, and then when the log
> says they start, checking the database for a record with the
> corresonding timestamp. If none are found, restart mysql and mythtv.
>
> mysql seems to be the culprit, but I'm unsure.
>
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:40:39 -0700 (MST), Rich
> <yahoo.rich at bladeracing.com> wrote:
>> Ditto.
>>
>> CVS snap I am running dated Dec 6.
>>
>> Rich
>>

>>> The last week or so I've had problems with my backend that I've never
>>> seen before. Occasionally, programs that are scheduled to be recorded
>>> are only partially recorded. Perhaps only the last 10-20 minutes will
>>> be recorded. Sometimes, the program will not be recorded at all (if
>>> it's a 1/2 hour program).
>>>
>>> Different parts of mythtv seem confused as to what's going on during
>>> one of these recordings. The 'Watch Recordings' screen does not show
>>> the program being recorded but the 'Upcoming Recordings' shows the
>>> program highlighted and indicates that it is being recorded. The HTTP
>>> interface to the backend also does not show any recording taking
>>> place.
>>> If I try to watch Live TV, it says all inputs are being used by a
>>> recording. The backend itself shows no video file being written to.
>>>
>>> It's hard to pin down but seems to happen most when I'm watching
>>> another recording when the new one is supposed to start. I've been
>>> running this backend for a long time and have never seen a problem
>>> like
>>> this. I'm running the latest CVS and my backend is separate from the