[mythtv] Re: [patch] enable vbi recording

Joaquín Lago Pérez jlago at ipsistemas.com
Mon Dec 13 10:43:41 UTC 2004

Hi.
I do need to record teletext subtitles, if I want to let my wife
understand anything on recorded TV programs - she does not hear very
well - Therefore, I would like to ask you what is needed to do in order
to implement a teletext plugin or something like that, for Mythtv.
Subtitles on most part ot European countries -like Spain - are shown on
page 888 of teletext, so they must be shown superposed to the playback.

If your patch does record the teletext data (all pages??), the first
step is already done. Now, in order to show teletext in screen, which
options are possible?
I can reserve for it some of my time, but if anybody can help on
starting - showing text on screen, synch issues, etc. - he/she will be
welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Joaquin.

-------