[mythtv] mySQL 4.1.x causes grave instability

octothorp at gmail.com octothorp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 06:05:34 UTC 2004

Is anyone successfully running myth against mysql-4.1.x? I upgraded to
mysql 4.1.x last night, recompiled qt, php, samba, libwww, and
everything else that linked to mysql libs. I even recompiled myth for
good measure.

Come to find out this morning that it seemed everything that resulted
in myth talking to mysql in a certain way caused mythbackend to crash.
Recording end, deletions, even mythweb pulling up a recorded programs
page. Simply navigating to "Watch Recording" in myth did not crash the
backend.

I'm guessing maybe the pending SQL related patch I've heard talk about
is going to address this, as the problem is likely known about
already, bu I thought I'd report it.

I've downgraded mysql and recompiled everything, and things are back
to their mostly reliable state.