[mythtv] Debugging threaded code

Angel Li angel at miami.edu
Sun Dec 12 22:01:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

I patched the current CVS version with DTK's hdtv recorder patch 38 and
when I tune one particular channel I immediately get an abort. I
generated the backtraces from gdb but I was told that I need to install
a debug version of pthreads. I'm running Fedora Core 3 and tried
building glibc from the source RPM but have had no luck getting a debug
version compiled. I tried forcing the "-g" flag in the configure step
but configure errors out telling me that "glibc needs to be optimized".

Anyone have a hints or better yet an RPM I can install?

Thanks,

Angel