[mythtv] Thoughts on new commercial detection option

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Dec 11 22:21:27 UTC 2004

>Unfortunately we don't have access to the known
>"algorithm" per channel so we cannot easily do any sort of supervised
>learning.

In the UK, they arrive about every 10-15 mins and last about 2-4 mins
exactly.  You clearly have an ad break at the start and end of the show,
so the others will be distributed pretty equally (to a high degree of
accuracy) within the rest of the show.  Typically a 30 min show will
have one ad break.  An hour show probably has 3.

You can probably do better than this, but I think the problem is easier
than you suspect if you see what I'm driving at?

Ed W