[mythtv] improvement to MythMusic RIP location

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Dec 11 13:58:20 UTC 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Friday 10 December 2004 12:44 pm, Ian Campbell wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 10:56 -0600, Mark Friedgan wrote:
>>

>>>How many artists/albums do you have? I've got about 100 gigs and plan
>>>on having about 300. It's hard! Anyone else agree?
>>>

>>I've got at least 500 CDs that I intend to rip (not sure what that'll be
>>in gigs)... I've got around 200 albums already as ogg and the current
>>interface isn't bad but it is getting a little unwieldy.
>>

>How is it unwieldy?  People whine and moan about it, but I've not seen one
>description of either a) how it's bad, or b) how to make it better that would
>actually work with a remote control.

Well, for me there are 5 things that would make it already a lot more
usable:

1. Have something like splitartist that includes album names. Especially
usefull if you have a lot of albums with various artists but even so,
believe it or not, I often can remember album names without knowing
exactly the artist name.

2. Have an "all" item in the splitartist that will contain all artists
for those times that you're just browsing. (in combination with #1 it
might be usefull to have an "all artists" and "all albums")

3. Have multiple levels for splitartist (again to be combined with #1
and #2 if possible of course) because some letters still have so many
items in them that scrolling around in them still is difficult.

4. Make it so that the option "list as shuffled" has no effect on the
"all my music" entry. I like seeing what is next but I always have this
option turned off because it makes the "all my music" entry impossible
to browse through.

5. Have some kind of menu where you could select things like: "play
current album" and "play current artist" which would mean clearing the
curent playlist and setting it to the current album or artist.

No spectacular changes as you can see, just things that would make life
a bit more pleasant :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako