[mythtv] MythTV: Isaac Tivo: > 100 tech guys

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Wed Dec 8 16:57:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Kevin Elliott wrote:
]Well, again only IMHO:
]   1) Over complicated "plugin" design
]   2) No solid and documented module interaction system to allow MythX to
]       run and be controlled by MythY.
]   3) Heavy dependancy requirements
]   4) Lack of any development documentation, guides and API specifications

Are you volunteering to write developer documentation? I'm sure none of
us would complain about that. As for dependency requirements, Issac has
rejected many improvements because they would add a dependency. Are you
suggesting he should have rejected more improvements? The plugin design
isn't very complicated, but it would probably be easier to use if there
were more developer documentation. Again I don't think anyone would
complain if you started a project to address this deficiency. I might
even incorporate my documentation of the HDTV code into such a project.

-- Daniel