[mythtv] Nintendo64 and/or Genesis

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 19:08:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:40:38 -0500, Jeremiah Morris <jm at whpress.com> wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2004, at 12:00 PM, Mark Friedgan wrote:
>
> > What if it there was a game playing plugin and a "rom figuring out"
> > plugin mechanism?
>
> I think that would be the best way to go.  The API might look something
> like:
>
> bool UsesRoms(void)
> Returns "true" if it's an emulator, "false" if it's a standalone game
> that doesn't need a file parameter.
>
> bool RomFile(QString path)
> Returns "true" or "false" for the given file.  Plugins could use a
> suffix filter or more sophisticated info.

So how would one go about creating a sophisticated plugin?  The gui
would have a filter capability, but the sophisticated stuff would get
tricky.  Would this still be a compiled type of check?

Most of the fringe emulators could get by with just filters (make the
user in charge of putting good roms out there).  Presumably all could,
though it seems we like to verify the roms first.

Alan