[mythtv] Font size questions (AKA: What DisplaySize to pick)

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Dec 6 17:19:42 UTC 2004

Oscar Carlsson wrote:

> Ed Wildgoose wrote, On 2004-12-06 15:57:
> <snip>
>
>> put in a DisplaySize of: "256 144" which gives DPI's of "71 102" then
>
> <snip>
>
>> Switching to DisplaySize 336 189, giving DPI's of "54 77" gives me a
>

> Uhm, why these values? Just play with the two values to get a correct
> 100x100 dpi?
>
> If it's because of aspect ratios, try --dpi instead.

Care to elaborate?  I used those values as you can see because they are
perfect 16:9 ratio and they are just the next up or down increment to
effectively change the dpi a little.  In my case the pixels are not
square, but I have a higher vertical DPI to horizontal DPI.  I don't
care about the fonts looking funny, but I need the video (and
mythgallery) to correct for aspect ration of the screen.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point though?