[mythtv] [patch] Fix for sluggish pause

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Dec 5 09:27:17 UTC 2004

>look at all
>the places tv_play.cpp is calling Pause(true), which used to block until
>playback was fully paused.  It still doesn't block until that with this new

Why do we need to block until the audio output loop is paused at all?
The rest of the audio loop looks fairly thread safe?

On my DVB system, changing channel is often 50-80% of the time pausing
stuff before it even changes channel.  It would be nice to have a long
hard think about how many of these other threads could be built with
input queues which leave them safe from the main thread having to pause
them before doing stuff at all?

Ed W