[mythtv] [patch] Fix for sluggish pause

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat Dec 4 18:25:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 02:29:57AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> I thought the entire point of breaking everything for this was to protect
> against those changes being made async?

Not exactly.  The point was to make sure certain things didn't change
in unexpected places.

> The bigger issue, though, is that there's a _lot_ of code that assume that
> NVP::Pause blocks until certain threads are paused, which isn't true with
> this patch anymore.

OK, that can be handled rather easily.  You do realize, though, there
is always the case where a full live TV buffer will cause a forced
unpause.

> > Whether we add a lock or not, I still think we should strongly
> > consider the change to return early from NVP::GetFrame.  Try changing
> > between 1/16 speed and paused to see why.
>
> As long as it sleeps in GetFrame for a bit.

It will.  It will jsut be capping the max time it sleeps to something
like 10ms.

David
--
David Engel