[mythtv] Thoughts on new commercial detection option

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 4 16:29:39 UTC 2004

<topposting reversed>

>> that frame.  Sort of like this (if all these methods are coded):
>>
>> 0x0001 = frame is blank
>> 0x0002 = frame is a scene change
>> 0x0004 = logo present on frame
>> 0x0008 = aspect ratio changed at this frame
>> 0x0010 = audio silent

> Hi!
>
> Would it be possible to dump this data to a file? I would really like to
> test how an ANN performs on this kind of data.
>
> //Simon

Anythings possible. :)  Right now you can already get blank-frame information
from the recordedmarkup table.  I wouldn't put all the above info in that
table because it would make it a lot bigger than it already is, but a
debug flag or something to tell mythcommflag to print out this data is
possible (even if it's just for my own debugging purposes).  Right now
as I'm testing this, I have a line in there printing out the mask value
right before the frame is displayed in my debug video window so I can see
what was detected for each frame.  For debugging and testing, I have a debug
source file that makes the CommDetect module display a window with the video
from each frame as it is processed and requires me to hit ENTER to go to
the next frame, this makes it easier to see what the detection code is
finding from each frame as it goes through.  Some of that could be modified
to get the information you'd be looking for.

--

Chris