[mythtv] Daily reboot while not recording?

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Fri Dec 3 22:54:39 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>On Friday 03 December 2004 14:10, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>>>Why do you want to do daily reboots?
>>>

>>Same reason we do: some combination of card, driver, Mythversion, and
>>phase of the moon makes it screw up, and it screws up less when it's
>>been rebooted recently.
>>

>I think its gotta be phase of the moon. Well, could be cards too. I think I've
>rebooted my master backend about three or four times in a year or so. And the
>reasons for doing so were one of: a) moving it to a different machine, b)
>upgrading the operating system, c) adding more capture cards, d) upgrading
>the kernel. Current uptime 30 days, last reboot for reason c and a combined.

With PVR-250's as recording devices i have yet another:
card has managed to get into state that needs long power off to clear
the memory....
Last reboot of my server (current uptime 8 days) was for that reason.

Caused me to upgrade to ivtv 0.2.0-rc2u

Don't start about 0.1.9. That one never worked for me. And on this
particular system a 2.4 kernel will lose me most of my disks...

Cheers,

Rudy